2012 Best Printers For College Students
Epson Workforce 845 is possibly the world’s fastest printer when it comes to double-sided (duplex) printing. The print speed though is a little slower at 15 ppm for monochrome and 9.3 ppm for color. However, what it lacks in speed is compensated by its supported print resolution. Maximum print resolution is at 5760 x 1440 for black and color printing. Being an all-in-one printer, the Workforce 845 can also be shared among computers in a networked environment. Moreover, color prints are 40% cheaper compared to laser printers.
Canon Pixma MG5320 is a versatile and user-friendly all-in-one, WiFi enabled inkjet that delivers superior quality printouts. It can print borderless outputs up to 8.5” x 11” in size and at resolutions of up to 9600 x 2400dpi. The printer uses 5 individual ink tanks to reduce replacement cartridge costs.
Epson Stylus NX430 color inkjet is built like the all-in-ones available. But what makes this printer different from the rest is its capability to operate in super quiet mode. It also features Epson connect which allows direct printer access from mobile devices. Add the image enhancement tools built into this printer and one gets perfect photo printouts.
HP DeskJet 2050 is arguably the best all in one printer under a $50 price tag. But then again, the more expensive models cannot outperform this model as it comes with features similar to its counterparts. The Deskjet 2050 prints at the speeds of 20ppm (black) and 16ppm (color) and delivers printouts at a maximum resolution of 1200dpi. It also features wireless connectivity, so that anyone can print anywhere in the house.
Remember, the best printer for college students will feature a mix of these criteria:
- could be an or inkjet or laser printer;
- retail price not to exceed $200;
- color printing capabilities;
- wireless if possible but Ethernet connection will do; and
- must be compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems.
Incoming search terms:
- best all in one printer for college students 2012
- best printer for college student 2013
- top 10 printers for college students 2012
- best printers for college students 2013
- best printers 2012 for college
- best printers for students under 50
- hp eprinters all-in-one for students 2012